The Panhandle Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers was chartered in 1951. The Chapter has more than 68 members. Professional meetings are held approximately seven times per year.
The purpose of the Chapter is to promote the advancement of the safety profession and safety professionals in the geographical area served. In fulfilling it’s purposes, the Chapter shall have the following objectives within the geographical area:
- To develop and/or disseminate locally, information and materials that will carry out the purposes of the Chapter, the Society, and serve the public.
- To provide and/or support forums for the interchange and acquisition of professional knowledge among it’s members.
- To foster liaison with local organizations of related disciplines.
- To inaugurate and implement such other programs and projects that are consistent with the purposes of the Chapter and the Society.
- To conduct it’s affairs in a manner that will reflect the standards, purposes and objective of the society.
Brian D Bailey, OHST
Secretary & Treasurer
Elena Metcalf, CSP
Melanie B Sanders, ASP